Before you hire a personal injury attorney in Las Vegas, or before the attorney agrees to take on your case, you will want to sit down and talk to them to make sure you feel comfortable with their experience. This is what is known as a consultation. A consultation gives you the opportunity to determine if a lawyer is right for your case. It also gives the attorney the ability to determine whether you have a case and whether it is worth them taking on your case. If you are preparing to have a consultation with a personal injury lawyer, here is some information you need to know before your meeting.
Why You Want to Talk to a Personal Injury Attorney Before Hiring ThemIt is important that you take the time to sit down and discuss many different things with a personal injury attorney before you hire them. You want to ensure that the lawyer has the experience you are looking for in handling the type of personal injury claim that you are facing, that they have experience with the type of injuries that you are suffering from, and that your personalities match and do not clash. During your consultation, there are specific questions you should ask to help ensure that they are the right personal injury attorney for your case.
What Questions You Should AskAsking the right questions can help you determine whether a personal injury attorney is the right person to take on your case for you. There are many different questions that you will want to ask.
- What type of education do you have?
- How long have you been handling personal injury cases?
- How long have you been handling personal injury cases in Clark County?
- How much experience do you have with cases like mine?
- What is your win, loss and settlement percentages?
- What do you think my case is worth?
- How do you plan on handling my case?
- What outcome do you foresee with my case?
- What challenges do you see with my case?
- Are you handling my case or will someone else in your firm handle it?
- What percentage of my settlement will do you take as a fee?
- How can you help me?
- What sets you apart from other personal injury attorneys in the area?