If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, call our experienced slip and fall accident attorney's today at 702-745-5038.
A slip and fall accident can happen in a few seconds, but the consequences of getting seriously injured might last months or years. Victims often face significant medical bills, lost income, physical pain, and long-term health problems. If a slip and fall accident harms you in a store, hotel, casino, resort, stadium, or theme park, our Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers can pursue compensation for your damages.
By law, Las Vegas property owners must keep their premises safe for employees, tenants, customers, guests, and other legal visitors. They can face liability for damages when they don't take reasonable steps to prevent a dangerous situation. If you suffer injuries in a slip and fall because of a hazard at a Las Vegas property, the award-winning team at Edward Bernstein and Associates can seek the compensation you deserve.
A Team of Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers You Can Trust
The attorneys at Edward Bernstein and Associates have spent decades fighting for the legal rights of injured people in Las Vegas, including clients who suffered from slip and fall accidents. We provide compassionate support and skilled legal services at every step of the process of seeking compensation.
Having spent more than 40 years fighting for injured accident victims, we know the strategies insurance companies and defense lawyers use to avoid liability and minimize payments. We're committed to holding residential, commercial, and public property owners accountable for their poor safety standards that led to falls that injured our clients. Contact our team of experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyers to learn more about how we can recover maximum compensation for you.
How Our Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers Can Help You
The Edward Bernstein and Associates team fights to protect the rights of Las Vegas slip and fall victims. We evaluate the unique facts of each case, paying close attention to our client’s personal needs and priorities. Then we take the appropriate action to secure the maximum compensation available.
Our team can:
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident to determine how it happened and who should face liability to you for damages;
- Act quickly to preserve your rights by giving notice to insurance companies or at-fault parties of your claim or, if necessary, appearing in court on your behalf;
- Serve as your representative in communications with insurance adjusters, defense lawyers, accident investigators, and the media;
- Evaluate and gather evidence of your damages, including your expenses, lost income, and the non-economic harm you continue to endure;
- Answer your questions and advise you on decisions so you can focus your energies on healing from and adapting to your injuries.
- Work with forensic, medical, or financial experts when appropriate to build a strong case on your behalf;
- File lawsuits and insurance claims demanding compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Negotiate favorable settlements of your claim whenever possible;
- Advise you whether to accept or reject settlement offers received from an insurance company or defense lawyer;
- Go to trial, if necessary, to prove your case for damages to a Las Vegas judge and jury;
- Collect compensation owed to you under a settlement, judgment, or jury award.
The steps we may need to take in any given slip and fall case can vary widely. At Edward Bernstein and Associates, there are no cookie-cutter cases. Every client receives individualized attention and our full commitment to securing the compensation they need to pay their expenses and rebuild their lives. Connect with us today to learn how we can help you.
Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Guide
- Understanding negligence and liability
- Common causes
- Potential damages
- Frequently asked questions
- Contact a lawyer today
Understanding Negligence and Liability in a Slip and Fall
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere from houses and apartment buildings to grocery stores, stadiums, malls, parks, and restaurants. You can generally claim compensation for injuries you suffered in a Las Vegas slip and fall if an unsafe situation that someone could and should have remedied caused it.
Under Nevada law, property owners, tenants, and managers face liability for your injuries if they failed to take reasonable steps to prevent the hazard that endangered you, such as:
- Making necessary repairs promptly
- Complying with local safety requirements, such as the fire code
- Posting warning signs about a potential hazard
- Blocking access to dangerous areas, if necessary
Our experienced Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers can help you secure fair compensation for your injury by gathering evidence to prove that:
- You were on the property legally (you weren’t trespassing);
- The property owner owned you a duty of care to prevent harm;
- The property owner knew or should reasonably have known about an unreasonably dangerous hazard on the property;
- The property owner could and should have addressed the problem, either by correcting it or providing an adequate warning to you about it;
- The property owner breached the duty of care by exposing you to unnecessary risk;
- The property owner’s negligence directly caused your slip and fall accident; and
- You suffered damages as a result.
We have years of experience proving slip and fall cases against property owners and others at Edward Bernstein and Associates. Contact us today for a free consultation about whether you have a slip and fall claim against the owner, tenant, or manager of the Las Vegas property where you fell and got hurt.
Common Causes of Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accidents
One moment you’re walking normally, and the next, you’re sprawled on the ground after slipping, tripping, or losing your balance unexpectedly. A fall often results from the owner or caretaker of the property not maintaining the premises according to common sense safety standards.
Some examples of property hazards that pose a high risk of causing slip and fall accidents include:
- Slip hazards: Slick walking surfaces can quickly become very dangerous, especially wet, greasy, or recently waxed floors.
- Trip hazards: Any obstruction that impedes walking can cause a tripping incident, including carpets with raised edges, electrical wires or cords, cracked pavement, loose floorboards, or merchandise cluttering the aisles of a store.
- Poor lighting: Too often, we find this hazard in stairwells or on walkways with potholes, cracks, or uneven ground.
- Inadequate warnings or poor safety measures: Unmarked slip and fall hazards, such as lack of a warning about a wet floor, open maintenance holes near walkways, or construction areas that crews did not rope off or make inaccessible, cause many injuries.
- Missing or broken handrails: Owners should properly maintain all steps, stairs, and ramps for safety. This includes stable handrails to help avoid a slip and fall.
These property dangers can lead to a Las Vegas slip and fall. The Edward Bernstein and Associates team investigates falls diligently to determine exactly how they happened and what could have prevented them. Talk to us today to learn more about how we might help you.
Potential Damages for Las Vegas Slip and Fall Injuries
Slipping and falling can cause many injuries, some potentially severe or life-threatening. Broken bones, torn ligaments, and hip fractures are common. Major injuries leading to death or permanent disability can also happen in a fall, including brain trauma and spinal cord damage.
An experienced slip and fall lawyer at Edward Bernstein and Associates knows how to evaluate the harm you suffered in a Las Vegas slip and fall accident, taking into account:
- The nature and severity of your injuries;
- The physical, emotional, and psychological harm you experienced due to your injuries;
- The property owner’s negligence for your slip and fall accident;
- The financial impact of your injuries, such as medical expenses and lost income, both currently and in the future; and
- The impact of getting injured on your overall quality of life, both currently and in the future.
The legal process cannot undo the pain and stress you've suffered because of a slip and fall accident in Las Vegas. But recovering fair compensation can help get your life back on track.
Under Nevada law, the victim of a slip and fall accident caused by an unreasonably dangerous property condition can usually demand monetary damages from the at-fault property owner, tenant, or manager.
Every slip and fall case we handle at Edward Bernstein and Associates is unique, but we can generally pursue payment for:
- All past and future medical expenses for treating your slip and fall injuries, including physical therapy, mobility devices, and prescription medications;
- Lost income from a period when you couldn’t work;
- For victims who suffer disabling injuries, compensation for loss of earning capacity;
- Out-of-pocket costs that resulted from the injury, like hiring domestic help to handle household tasks;
- Physical pain and suffering from the injury;
- Emotional distress; and
- The inconvenience of mobility restrictions, whether temporary or permanent.
The amount you may recover depends on the severity of your injury, the strength of your case, and the at-fault party's financial resources and insurance coverage. Contact the Edward Bernstein and Associates team today to learn about the compensation you can claim for your Las Vegas slip and fall injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions About Slip and Fall Accident Claims in Las Vegas
We invite anyone who has suffered injuries in a Las Vegas slip and fall to contact us for a free consultation. Slip and fall victims may also find helpful answers to their questions below.
How soon should I contact a Las Vegas attorney after suffering slip and fall injuries?
The sooner you contact an attorney, the better your case. Under Nevada law, victims of a slip and fall accident generally have at most two years (and sometimes just a few months) from the date of their injury to take legal action seeking compensation. If you fail to act before a deadline expires, you can lose your rights entirely.
Plus, the longer you wait to contact a lawyer, the more difficult it may become to gather critical evidence supporting your claim. For example, surveillance equipment at a casino may overwrite the video of your slip and fall after just a few days. Owners may repair potholes or broken floors even sooner. Call us immediately so we can obtain and preserve evidence of the accident.
Will I have to go to court?
Probably not, although it’s always possible. Most Las Vegas slip and fall cases we handle at Edward Bernstein and Associates settle out of court long before trial. But not all do. That's why we always prepare our client's slip and fall cases as if we will need to prove them in a court of law.
We have a reputation as a team of effective, aggressive trial lawyers who know how to win in the courtroom. Our clients can rest assured that no matter what direction their case goes, we have the skill and resources to meet the challenge and get results.
How much does hiring your Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers cost?
Some slip and fall accident victims hesitate to hire an attorney immediately because they think they can’t afford it. As a result, they miss out on all the strategic benefits of having an experienced lawyer protecting their interests from the get-go.
They needn't worry. At Edward Bernstein and Associates, we represent slip and fall clients on a contingent fee basis. That means we do not charge retainers or hourly rates. Instead, you only pay our fee if we successfully resolve our client's claim. Our clients don't owe us a penny if we don't get results.
Contact an Experienced Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
If you or someone you love fell and suffered injuries at a commercial, residential, or public property in Las Vegas, you may recover significant compensation for your losses. Contact us at Edward Bernstein and Associates today at (702) 840-5103 for your free consultation with our knowledgeable attorneys. We will answer your questions and explain your options.
Contact our dedicated Las Vegas personal injury attorneys now to request a no-obligation free consultation.
If you need a consultation with a trusted Las Vegas slip and fall accident attorney then call us at 702-745-5038. or contact us for a Free Consultation at any time. We are the leading Las Vegas Accident Law Firm and are always available to help you with your compensation claim.
Here is a list of information you should exchange with the other party.
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Insurance Company Name, Address, and Phone Number
- Policy Number
- License Plate Number
- Driver’s License Number