Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
When You Should Hire a Slip and Fall Attorney?
INJURIES A SLIP AND FALL LAWYER CAN HELP GET COMPENSATION FOR IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
While many slip and fall incidents only lead to small bruises, others can lead to life-altering injuries. For example, serious wrist and shoulder injuries often occur during slip and fall accidents. This happens when people try to break their fall or catch themselves. Other serious injuries happen to the body part that strikes the ground, including knees, backs and heads. Some common injuries we see caused by slips, trips, and falls include:
- Head or Facial Injuries
- Brain Trauma
- Neck or Spinal Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Herniated Discs
- Bone or Hip Fractures
- Broken Bones
- Inflamed Tendons
- Torn Ligaments
- Sprains & Scars
TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOUR SLIP AND FALL LAWYER GET YOU COMPENSATION
If you’re ever involved in a slip and fall accident, here are some steps to follow:
- Immediately report the accident to the store manager, landlord, homeowner, or person in charge of the facility where you fell.
- Collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Obtain a copy of any existing slip and fall accident report before leaving the scene, even if the accident was documented by someone other than a police officer.
- Take notes of any conditions that may have contributed to the accident. These might include deteriorated sidewalks or foreign substances.
- If possible, obtain a sample of whatever caused your harm and keep it in a safe storage place. If it is perishable, preserve it in an appropriate manner. For example, it may be able to be frozen in your freezer.
- Get medical help as soon as possible.
- Place the shoes and clothing that you were wearing at the time of the accident in a safe storage place.
- If possible, photograph the accident area.
- Contact a slip and fall attorney before you talk to the insurance company or sign any papers. Otherwise, you may give up your rights to be compensated for pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages.
FACTORS IN EVALUATING PREMISES LIABILITY
In order for a property owner to be legally responsible for injuries suffered from slip and fall accidents, one of the following must be true:
- The owner of the premises or an employee must have caused the dangerous condition (such as a spill, worn or torn spot, or other slippery or other hazardous surface).
- The owner of the premises or an employee must have known about the dangerous condition but done nothing about it.
- The owner of the premises or an employee should have known about the dangerous condition.
Proving liability in the third situation can be tricky. In these instances, the case many not be able to be decided by common sense, you may have to hire an expert. Judges and juries will determine liability by deciding if the property owner or controller acted in a reasonable manner.
Contact a Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Las Vegas, or anywhere in the state of Nevada, contact Edward M. Bernstein & Associates immediately. You can fill out the online request or call our office at 702-996-3917