If you've been injured in a uber accident, call our experienced uber accident attorney's today at 702-745-5038.
Uber has become a fixture of the Las Vegas transportation landscape, offering on-demand rides to thousands of Las Vegas residents and visitors every day. But with that popularity comes an inevitable downside: traffic accidents involving Uber cars that leave Uber passengers, occupants of other vehicles, bicyclists, pedestrians, and even Uber drivers, badly hurt.
If you or someone you love suffered harm in an Uber accident in Las Vegas, you may have the right to claim significant compensation for your losses. An experienced Las Vegas Uber accident lawyer from Edward Bernstein and Associates can explain your rights. Contact us today.
Las Vegas Uber Accident Guide
- Potential Causes of Uber Accidents in Las Vegas
- Common Las Vegas Uber Accident Injuries
- Seeking Damages for a Las Vegas Uber Accident
- Potential Coverage Under Rideshare Company Insurance
- Act Soon to Protect Your Rights
The Edward Bernstein and Associates Team
At Edward Bernstein and Associates, our experienced attorneys have represented accident victims in Las Vegas for more than 42 years. We possess the know-how and resources to handle a wide array of personal injury matters, including even the most complicated and challenging of Las Vegas Uber accident cases.
Rideshare accident cases in Las Vegas constitute a significant and growing part of our law practice. Our team understands the potential legal complications that can arise when an Uber car crashes, and we fight to make sure that insurance companies and at-fault parties pay for the damage they cause. We gain our clients’ trust and admiration through hard work, diligent preparation, and a relentless commitment to advancing their interests and getting them paid for the harm they’ve suffered.
How We Can Help Las Vegas Uber Crash Victims
Edward Bernstein and Associates is a law firm committed to serving the interests of injured accident victims. Our job is to handle all aspects of securing money for our clients’ losses, so that they can focus their energies on healing and moving on with their lives.
We have the resources, staff, and skills to tackle even the most complex Las Vegas Uber accident cases. Our team can:
- Investigate accidents quickly and thoroughly to identify who was at fault
- Evaluate insurance coverages to determine our clients’ rights
- Advise our clients about how to proceed in seeking compensation
- Prepare and file insurance claims and lawsuits in our clients’ name
- Handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies, official investigators, and defense lawyers
- Appear in court on behalf of our clients, including going to trial in front of a judge and jury
- Secure favorable settlements of client claims whenever possible
- Collect and disburse funds owed to our clients
We do our work for Las Vegas Uber accident victims on contingency, meaning that we only receive a fee if we win for them. We don’t charge upfront fees and we don’t bill by the hour. If we don’t get results, you don’t owe us anything.
Potential Causes of Uber Accidents in Las Vegas
Las Vegas Uber accidents, like all traffic accidents, have numerous causes. But although their details can differ widely, most Uber accidents happen because of someone’s poor decisions or dangerous actions. At Edward Bernstein and Associates, one of our most important jobs is to pinpoint the cause of an Uber accident in order to determine who should bear the blame and the financial liability for our clients’ injuries.
The demands of driving a rideshare car may heighten the risks of getting into an accident. Here are some potential causes of crashes linked to the challenges Uber drivers often face.
Drowsy drivers can be as dangerous as drunk drivers. They struggle with poor motor coordination, difficulty judging speed and distance, and flawed decision making, for example. These impairments can easily lead to a traffic accident.
Las Vegas-area Uber drivers may contend with the challenges of drowsy driving more than others. They often work late at night or early in the morning, when demand is high for rides to night spots near the Strip, or to and from McCarran airport. They also frequently drive to earn extra money after working a full shift at another job. These factors can contribute to fatigue and heightened accident risk.
Of course, it’s not just rideshare drivers who get tired behind the wheel. So do truckers, late-shift workers, and any Las Vegan who fails to get enough quality sleep. Any of those drivers could cause a deadly accident involving an Uber car, too.
Tasks that require drivers to take their hands off the wheel, eyes off the road, or minds off driving safely constitute dangerous distractions that can lead to an accident.
Uber drivers may contend with numerous distractions that create crash risks, including:
- Scanning the roadside for an unfamiliar address or a rider awaiting pick-up
- Interacting with the Uber app to find, book, or complete rides
- Programming and following instructions from a GPS
- Conversing with passengers
- Managing unruly or intoxicated passengers
Likewise, other drivers can put Uber drivers and their passengers at risk by succumbing to their other common driving distractions, like gawking at the lights and sounds of the Strip, or eating and drinking behind the wheel.
Speeding and aggressive driving cause hundreds of thousands of crashes in the United States every year. Uber drivers may have a tendency to speed in some circumstances, because their compensation depends on the number of rides they complete. They may, for instance, speed or drive aggressively while not carrying passengers, to shrink their uncompensated time on the road.
Other drivers in Las Vegas also violate driving laws by speeding and engaging in aggressive driving. Any of those behaviors can cause an accident with an Uber car that leaves victims severely or fatally injured.
Drunk and Drug Impaired Driving
Impaired driving causes hundreds of thousands of accident injuries and tens of thousands of deaths in the U.S. every year, and Las Vegas is no exception.
And while Uber drivers themselves likely drive while impaired far less often than other drivers, they still face risks of getting into an accident involving a drunk or drugged driver because they:
- Transport high volumes passengers at night, when most impaired driving accidents happen; and
- Operate in areas of Las Vegas with higher-than-average concentrations of impaired drivers, such as busy restaurant and nightclub districts.
No matter what caused the Las Vegas Uber accident in which you or someone you love suffered injuries, the team at Edward Bernstein and Associates wants to help you explore your options. Contact us today to learn about your rights.
What Are Some Common Las Vegas Uber Accident Injuries?
Las Vegas Uber accidents can cause debilitating injuries and devastating consequences for victims, no matter if they were passengers in an Uber car, occupants of another vehicle, pedestrians, bicyclists, or Uber drivers.
At Edward Bernstein and Associates, we can help Las Vegas Uber accident victims recover damages for:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic amputations and loss of use of limbs and appendages
- Facial trauma, including loss of eyesight and disfigurement
- Back injuries
- Neck and shoulder soft tissue injuries (“whiplash”)
- Internal organ injuries
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones and orthopedic trauma
Our team can also represent grieving spouses and family members, in the tragic case of a fatal Las Vegas Uber accident. Contact us today to learn about our track record for securing payment for all types of Las Vegas accident injuries.
Seeking Damages for a Las Vegas Uber Accident
Nevada law generally entitles you to seek money damages from the parties who caused the Las Vegas Uber accident in which you suffered injuries.
Those parties can include, for example:
- The Uber driver, if the driver’s wrongful actions caused the crash
- A driver of another vehicle involved in the accident, if their actions played a role
- A business, if the crash involved a commercial vehicle
- An automotive manufacturer, if defective auto parts contributed to causing the crash
- A government entity or contractor, if unreasonably dangerous road conditions they should have prevented, played a contributing role
These are just a few examples, of course. At Edward Bernstein and Associates, we carefully examine the facts of a Las Vegas Uber accident to identify all parties who could owe damages to our client.
Then, having identified those parties, we often pursue them and their liability insurance carriers for compensation that can include payment for:
- Medical expenses in treating an injury
- Vehicle repair and replacement costs
- Out-of-pocket costs of managing an injury or disability
- Lost work earnings and paid-time-off used
- Loss of future earning ability, if an injury prevents a victim from returning to work
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Inconvenience and diminished quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
We may also pursue an award of punitive damages on our client’s behalf, if an Uber crash resulted from someone’s wanton or malicious conduct. Contact our team today to learn about the potential compensation you could pursue for your Las Vegas Uber accident injuries.
Potential Coverage Under Rideshare Company Insurance
Nevada law requires all rideshare drivers to carry supplemental liability insurance, in addition to their personal auto insurance, to cover harm done to others in a crash caused by the driver’s wrongful actions. This insurance can serve as a substantial source of payment for damages suffered in a Las Vegas Uber accident.
Your ability to tap into that insurance depends, however, on the Uber driver’s status on the Uber app at the time of your accident.
- If the app was off, the coverage does not apply.
- If the app was on and the driver was seeking a ride request, the insurance covers $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per individual, $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident.
- If the app was on and the driver was in the course of fulfilling a ride request, the insurance covers up to $1,000,000 in total victim damages.
In other words, if you suffered injuries as an Uber passenger in a crash, you will likely have the right to claim up to $1,000,000 in coverage for your losses. But if you were anything other than a passenger—the occupant of another vehicle, for instance—determining the driver’s status on the Uber app can potentially be critical to your financial recovery.
The Edward Bernstein and Associates team understands how to secure the evidence necessary to demonstrate the Uber driver’s app status, so ensure that you can take full advantage of any insurance coverage available to you. Contact us today to learn more.
Act Soon to Protect Your Rights
Strict time limits apply when pursuing legal action after a Las Vegas Uber accident. In Nevada, you have at most two years (and possibly as little as a few months) after a Las Vegas Uber accident to file your claim for compensation. If you miss a deadline, you could lose your rights to receive money damages.
That’s why we strongly encourage you to contact a skilled attorney at Edward Bernstein and Associates today for a free consultation. The sooner you begin exploring your rights, the better your chances of getting the money you need to pay your expenses and heal from your trauma. Hiring a lawyer can also protect you against aggressive insurance adjusters hoping to take advantage of you during a vulnerable time.
In the meantime, we also strongly encourage you to seek medical care after getting into an Uber accident in Las Vegas, even if you think you avoided serious harm. Some major injuries show only minor symptoms initially, but could worsen if you don’t seek prompt care for them. Don’t take risks with your health and legal rights—have a doctor examine you and document your injuries in medical records.
Contact a Skilled Las Vegas Uber Accident Lawyer Today
If a Las Vegas Uber accident disrupted your life or the life of a loved one, you likely have valuable rights to seek compensation for your losses. Don’t wait to start learning about your legal options. Contact the personal injury lawyers at Edward Bernstein and Associates today at (702) 840-5103 for your free case evaluation with our knowledgeable legal professionals. We can answer your questions and explain the path forward.