If you've been injured in a Lyft accident, call our experienced Lyft accident attorney's today at 702-745-5038.
As a popular tourist destination and commercial center, Las Vegas has many taxi cabs on its streets. While most cab rides go smoothly, accidents do happen. As the victim of a Las Vegas taxi accident, you may have the right to claim substantial compensation for your losses from the taxi operator and others.
Edward Bernstein and Associates represents Las Vegas taxi accident victims in lawsuits and insurance claims seeking that compensation. Contact us for a free consultation with a knowledgeable Las Vegas taxi accident lawyer about your rights after a crash.
Las Vegas Taxi Accident Guide
- Common Causes of Las Vegas Taxi Accidents
- Las Vegas Taxi Accident Injuries We Can Handle
- Recovering Damages for Las Vegas Taxi Accident Injuries
- Las Vegas Taxi Accident FAQ
- Contact Our Experienced Las Vegas Taxi Accident Lawyers Today
About Our Team
For more than four decades, Edward Bernstein and Associates has pursued justice and fair compensation for injured Nevadans. We fight to hold at-fault parties and insurance companies financially accountable to accident victims and families of people who died in crashes, falls, and other preventable incidents.
Taxi accident injury claims have long constituted a core part of our law practice. No matter if you suffered injuries as a taxi passenger, occupant of another vehicle, pedestrian, bicyclist, or even as a cab driver yourself, we have the resources and know-how to secure payment for your losses from anyone whose careless or reckless actions caused you harm.
How Our Las Vegas Taxi Accident Lawyer Can Help You
The lawyers at Edward Bernstein and Associates spend their days fighting for injured accident victims like you. We aim to ensure that you receive every last penny you need to pay for your medical care, replace your lost income, and heal from your trauma.
As a full service law firm, we have the capacity to handle Las Vegas taxi accident claims of any size and complexity.
Every case we take differs, but we’re always ready to:
- Investigate taxi accidents to determine their causes and identify their at-fault parties
- Analyze available insurance coverage that may pay our clients’ claims
- Act quickly to preserve critical evidence or meet legal deadlines
- Answer your questions and explain your options in plain English (or Español).
- Help you make important life and care decisions that may affect your legal rights
- Pursue lawsuits and insurance claims on your behalf
- Negotiate settlements of your claims when possible
- Advise you on whether to accept or reject settlement offers
- Take your case to trial in Las Vegas courtrooms
- Collect and distribute the money owed to you under a settlement or court award
We also recognize that your taxi accident injuries might have put you under financial strain. For that reason, we do not generally charge upfront fees or bill you by the hour for our services. Instead, we take cases on a contingent fee basis, which means we only get paid if we win for you. You owe us nothing if we don’t get you results.
Common Causes of Las Vegas Taxi Accidents
Many taxi accidents happen in Las Vegas under the same sorts of circumstances that other car accidents occur.
They frequently result from dangerous driving behaviors—either on the part of the taxi driver or the driver of another vehicle—like:
- Ignoring signs, signals, and lane markings
- Unsafe passing
- Failure to yield a right of way
- Weaving and lane-splitting
- Distracted driving, such as paying more attention to sights on the Strip instead of the road ahead
- Drowsy driving, especially common during night and early morning shifts
Some taxi drivers may engage in aggressive driving because they earn money by taking as many fares as possible. But cab drivers are hardly the only Las Vegas motorists who take risks on the road. Any driver can cause a taxi accident that causes injuries to innocent victims.
In addition, some taxi accidents in Las Vegas stem from poor decisions and dangerous actions made by non-drivers.
A taxi crash might happen in Las Vegas because of, for example:
- A poorly maintained road that causes a cab driver to lose control
- An unsafe intersection that confuses motorists and pedestrians, leading to collisions
- Malfunctioning vehicle parts that prevent a driver from stopping
No matter how the taxi accident that injured you might have happened, however, the team at Edward Bernstein and Associates knows how to dig into the details, find out who was at fault, and hold them accountable. Contact us today to learn more.
Las Vegas Taxi Accident Injuries We Can Handle
A taxi crash in Las Vegas can result in severe injuries, and even fatalities. Over our 40+ years of law practice at Edward Bernstein and Associates, we have helped clients secure compensation for an extraordinarily wide range of traumas.
For example, our team can handle taxi accident injury claims involving:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI) and damage to the spinal column
- Crushed or amputated limbs and appendages
- Disfiguring facial injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Nerve damage
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries, including whiplash
- Broken bones and orthopedic injuries (sprains and dislocations)
- Lacerations and abrasions causing scarring
- Wrongful death
These and other taxi accident injuries can inflict lasting physical and emotional trauma, and frequently put victims and their families under severe financial strain. If you or someone you love suffered any injury in a crash in Las Vegas involving a taxi cab, we encourage you to connect with us to learn how we might help you secure money to help you pay for your medical care and emotional recovery.
Recovering Damages for Las Vegas Taxi Accident Injuries
Nevada law generally entitles victims of taxi accidents in Las Vegas to seek compensation for their losses from at-fault parties and liability insurance companies. At Edward Bernstein and Associates, we have years of experience obtaining those damages through lawsuits and insurance claims.
Liability for Your Injuries
Anyone whose poor decisions or dangerous actions contributed to the cause of your Las Vegas taxi accident could face liability to you for damages. So could their liability insurance companies. Edward Bernstein and Associates carefully examines the facts and circumstances of Las Vegas taxi accidents to identify who was at fault and the amounts of insurance they carry that might cover your losses.
Oftentimes, the taxi driver bears some of the blame for a crash. In those cases, injured victims may have a claim to make against the driver, the driver’s taxi company, and the insurance policy Nevada regulations require cab drivers to carry, which must cover up to $250,000 for bodily injuries.
But cabbies and their insurers aren’t the only ones who might owe you damages.
Other parties at-fault could include:
- Other drivers whose negligent actions caused a crash with a taxi
- Social hosts who furnished alcohol to an underage drunk driver
- Government road agencies or contractors whose actions made roads unreasonably dangerous
- Auto manufacturers who produced detective car parts
Each of these parties may also carry insurance that covers the losses you’ve suffered. To learn about who might owe you compensation for the harm you suffered in a Las Vegas taxi crash, call the team at Edward Bernstein and Associates today.
Potential Damages You Can Claim
The law generally entitles you to full compensation for economic and non-economic damages you suffered in a Las Vegas taxi accident. At Edward Bernstein and Associates, we evaluate our clients’ claims to calculate the maximum amount they can demand from at-fault parties and insurance companies.
The damages you may recover after a Las Vegas taxi accident can include compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses related to treating your accident-related injuries
- Past and future costs of adapting to or living with your injuries
- The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle or other property
- Money you did not earn because your injuries kept you out of work
- Vacation time and sick leave you used while out of work
- Future income you may not earn because of disabilities stemming from your injuries
- Your physical pain and emotional suffering
- Your inconvenience and life difficulties
- Interference with your personal or intimate relationships
In some cases, our team can also secure additional, punitive damages for victims of taxi accidents caused by someone’s malicious or extreme misconduct. Contact our team today to learn about the damages you might have the right to claim for your Las Vegas taxi accident injuries.
Las Vegas Taxi Accident FAQ
Injured Las Vegans come to us with lots of questions about their rights following a taxi accident. Here are some answers to questions we frequently hear. Don’t see an answer to your question below? Contact us for a free consultation.
Can I handle a Las Vegas taxi accident claim myself?
We don’t recommend it. In our experience, trying to handle your own taxi accident injury claim is nearly always a costly and needless mistake.
Defense lawyers and insurance companies will try every trick in the book to avoid paying you what they and their clients owe. If you don’t have an experienced taxi accident injury lawyer on your side to protect you from those tactics, chances are you will end up with far less than you deserve, or nothing at all. If you want maximum compensation, trust a skilled Las Vegas taxi accident attorney to handle the claim on your behalf.
Can I get damages from the taxi company or its insurance if I wasn’t a taxi passenger in the accident?
Generally speaking, yes. If the taxi driver’s actions or those of his employer contributed to the cause of the accident, then you can usually claim damages regardless of whether you were a passenger in the taxi that crashed. Some Las Vegas taxi accidents cause injuries to pedestrians, bicyclists, or passengers in other vehicles, for example.
How much time do I have to claim compensation for a taxi accident?
In most cases, you have at most two years—and sometimes just months—to initiate a lawsuit against the parties at fault for a Las Vegas taxi accident. But there’s no time to lose in hiring an attorney. Key evidence can go missing and witnesses can begin to forget critical facts if a lawyer does not take prompt steps to investigate your claim. The sooner you seek legal help, in other words, the better your chances of securing maximum payment for your losses.
Will I have to go to court?
Probably not, but it’s a possibility. Most taxi accident cases we handle at Edward Bernstein and Associates settle out-of-court. But some don’t, which is why it’s critical to have a team of experienced trial lawyers in your corner who know how to get results no matter what direction a case takes. At Edward Bernstein and Associates we work hard to achieve favorable settlements for our clients, while preparing to take a case to a Las Vegas judge and jury if necessary to see justice done and fair compensation paid.
How much money can I get?
Every case differs, so we can’t predict the value of yours without digging into the details.
The amount you can hope to receive depends on:
- The severity of your injuries and their impact on your life
- The strength of the evidence and legal arguments supporting your claim
- The skill and experience of the attorney you choose to represent you
- The potential sources of payment of you damages, including insurance and at-fault parties’ assets
Talk to our team today to begin exploring the amount you might claim for your Las Vegas taxi accident injuries.
Contact Our Experienced Las Vegas Taxi Accident Lawyers Today
We know that money can’t erase your pain and suffering after a Las Vegas taxi accident upends your life. But it can provide crucial financial support to help you meet expenses and move beyond your trauma. At Edward Bernstein & Associates, our personal injury lawyers understand the difficulties you face, and know how to secure the compensation the law entitles you to receive.
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a Las Vegas taxi accident, contact Edward Bernstein & Associates today or call (702) 840-5103. In your free case evaluation, our knowledgeable legal professionals can answer your questions and explain your rights.