Suffering serious traffic accident injuries, including those involving buses, is a traumatic life event that leaves people with emotional trauma and financial struggles on top of the physical pain of their injuries. If you were injured in a Henderson bus accident, Nevada law permits you to sue for damages if your bus accident injuries occurred because of negligence. You should not have to absorb the costs of your injuries because of a negligent bus driver or bus company.
Bus accident claims are often complex because they usually include multiple parties and involve large insurance policies. Let an experienced Henderson bus accident lawyer navigate your claim while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
The skilled legal team at Edward Bernstein and Associates has the knowledge and resources to handle your Henderson bus accident claim and advocate for you to receive compensation for your injuries.
Henderson Bus Accident Guide
- Statute of Limitations
- Possible Defendants in a Claim
- Types of Injuries in Accident Claims
- What to Do After a Henderson Bus Accident
- Fighting the Insurance Company
- Injured in a Henderson Bus Accident? Edward Bernstein and Associates Can Help
Why Choose Edward Bernstein and Associates for Your Henderson Bus Accident Claim
Hiring a lawyer to handle your Henderson bus accident claim is of the utmost importance. An experienced bus accident attorney can handle the paperwork, communication, and other aspects of a complicated bus accident claim while you focus on healing from your injuries.
Edward Bernstein and Associates has been helping injured people recover damages from preventable accidents for over 40 years. They know how to deal with insurance companies and the tricks they use to avoid paying out claims when their policyholders cause an accident.
Our skilled team of Henderson personal injury lawyers is dedicated to client service and professional excellence to obtain the best results possible for a client’s situation.
The experienced lawyers at Edward Bernstein and Associates know how to apply Nevada law to a bus accident claim to ensure clients can seek justice after suffering injuries due to negligence. Large bus companies and insurance policies do not intimidate our team. Choose us to fight the insurance company for you while you cope with the aftermath of your injuries.
You will find Edward Bernstein and Associate’s Henderson office is conveniently located at 1489 West Warm Springs Road, a few blocks west of I-515 or north of I-215, depending on which direction you are coming from.
We like to meet potential clients in person. However, severe injuries and other difficulties sometimes make it impossible for a face-to-face meeting. If you cannot come to our Henderson office, we offer convenient online meetings to discuss your bus accident and injuries.
Contact us online today or call for your a free consultation to determine your eligibility to recover compensation after a Henderson bus accident.
Henderson Bus Accident Accident Compensation
Nevada law permits you to sue for damages in civil court after suffering injuries in a preventable bus accident caused by negligence. You can expect your lawyer to try to negotiate a settlement on your behalf to avoid an expensive trial. However, settlement negotiations don’t always go well.
If you reach an agreement or go to trial and the court awards you damages, you could receive compensation for economic and non-economic losses related to your bus accident injuries.
Examples of common damages recovered in personal injury claims include:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance transport, emergency room treatment, surgery, hospitalization, doctor visits, radiology, lab testing, and prescription medication
- Estimated future medical expenses if a Henderson bus accident causes severe injuries or leads to a condition that requires ongoing care and treatment, sometimes in a long-term nursing care facility
- Rehabilitation expenses for various treatments that help bus accident victims deal with their injuries, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and mental health professionals
- Costs for assistive devices like wheelchairs, canes, walkers, and prosthetic limbs
- Lost income from missing work due to the bus accident and injuries
- Lost earning capacity when a Henderson bus accident leads to a catastrophic injury that makes it impossible for someone to return to work
- Home modification costs for those who leave the hospital but need to make their home more accessible, including a wheelchair ramp addition, the installation of grab bars in the bathroom, and the construction of a main floor living area for those who cannot use stairs
- Replacement service costs for outside help because a bus accident victim cannot perform the same tasks around the home as they did before the accident, such as cooking, cleaning, mowing the yard, childcare, and grocery shopping
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Punitive damages if the Henderson bus accident occurred because of intentional harm or an egregious disregard for the law and safety of others
If a loved one lost their life from fatal injuries in a Henderson bus accident, you could be entitled to seek damages depending on your relationship with the deceased. Nevada law permits eligible family members to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the bus driver, bus company, or another party responsible for the accident and fatal injuries.
Your Henderson bus accident lawyer can review your case, advise you on what types of compensation you might receive, and answer more in-depth questions about a wrongful death claim.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Henderson Bus Accident Claims?
A two-year statute of limitations applies to most personal injury lawsuits in Nevada, including those involving bus accident injuries. You have two years from the date of your injuries to file a claim. The time limit is similar for bus accident claims against Henderson or Nevada governments.
However, suing a government entity has different procedural requirements that make it crucial to take action as soon as possible. If you miss any filing deadlines, it’s unlikely a court will hear your case.
You also lose any leverage you had for settlement negotiations with the insurance company. It’s best to contact a bus accident lawyer as soon as possible to avoid missing out on the chance to recover losses related to your Henderson bus accident and injuries.
Possible Defendants in a Henderson Bus Accident Claim
If you take legal action to seek compensation for your bus accident injuries, your lawyer will review your case and advise you on who you should name as a defendant.
Depending on the facts of your case, your lawyer might advise you to name one or more of the following parties in your lawsuit:
- Bus driver. Sometimes bus drivers make poor choices and engage in dangerous driving behaviors that lead to bus accidents. Speeding and distracted driving are among the most dangerous actions that put riders and others at risk for injuries. Bus drivers who don’t follow the rules of the road could be liable in a lawsuit if their actions lead to an accident.
- Bus owner/company. Various entities may own a bus. Individuals own tour buses, which are common in the Las Vegas area. However, private companies, school districts, cities, and other government entities own most buses. Owners must comply with federal and state laws about training, bus maintenance, hiring drivers, and more. Owners who hire unqualified drivers, inadequately train them, and don’t keep their buses in roadworthy condition could be liable for damages in a Henderson bus accident claim.
- Another driver. Other drivers on the road who engage in negligent driving behaviors can also cause a dangerous bus accident. Drunk and distracted drivers can strike a bus or run them off the road. Henderson school children who ride the bus are especially in danger when distracted, or impaired drivers are on the road. They sometimes ignore school bus stop signs at bus stops, which can lead to a deadly accident. Other drivers could be named in a bus accident lawsuit if their negligence caused the bus accident and injuries.
An experienced Henderson bus accident lawyer from Edward Bernstein and Associates can review your case and advise you on who you need to name in your bus accident claim.
Types of Injuries in Henderson Bus Accident Claims
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that bus travel remains the safest mode of transportation. Even when accidents occur, many walk away with no injuries or minor injuries. However, severe bus accidents can lead to severe, sometimes deadly, injuries.
Examples of bus accident injuries that the team at Edward Bernstein and Associates can help with include the following:
- Broken bones, especially crushed bones or multiple fractures that require surgery
- Head trauma, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), can lead to lifelong struggles with memory, sleeping, senses, and other cognitive functions
- Neck injuries, including severe soft tissue injuries like torn tendons or ligaments and broken cervical vertebrae
- Back injuries, including fractured vertebrae and herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries often lead to permanent paralysis in some or all of the body
- Severe internal injuries and organ damage from broken ribs or puncture wounds during the bus accident
- Amputations, which typically occur when a bus accident leads to crushed limbs
What to Do After a Henderson Bus Accident
In the days and weeks following a bus accident, you need to take some steps to make your claim as strong as possible.
Aside from hiring an experienced lawyer to handle your claim, these guidelines help take away ammunition from the insurance company and give you the best chance to recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Follow your medical treatment plan. Your doctor has given you instructions on what to do so your body heals to the best of its ability. This might include getting a certain amount of rest each day and going to physical therapy. Follow your plan so the insurance company cannot downplay your injuries.
- Keep all receipts. You need to prove all economic losses to recover them in a bus accident claim. Keep receipts, medical bills, and any other documents that show the money you’ve spent or lost because of your injuries. This includes keeping copies of payroll information to prove lost income from work.
- Keep a journal. You also need to prove all non-economic losses to receive compensation for them in a bus accident claim. Non-economic losses are difficult to quantify because they refer to the ways your injuries have impacted your life. The best way to convey this information to your lawyer and the insurance company is by keeping a daily journal that includes things like the pain you feel, the things you’ve missed out on because of your injuries, and any other relevant struggles.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Henderson Bus Accident
Fighting an insurance company to receive compensation for injuries can be exhausting, overwhelming, and frustrating. Insurance carriers don’t like to pay out claims, even when they know their policyholder is at fault. This sometimes creates unneeded stress that can take away from someone’s recovery. Our firm helps clients fight for compensation and deals with the bothersome details of seeking compensation for damages, leaving clients the time to focus on healing.
Lawyers also protect clients from questionable tactics insurance companies use to avoid financial liability, such as making lowball settlement offers, coaxing claimants to give a recorded statement, and getting claimants to provide their complete medical history.
If an insurance representative contacts you, refer them to your attorney. If you have to speak to them, only offer simple answers to their questions without providing extra information. Edward Bernstein and Associates can handle communications with the insurance company to ensure they only get the information they need. And negotiate a settlement for your bus accident injuries.
Injured in a Henderson Bus Accident? Edward Bernstein and Associates Can Help
If you have been injured in a Henderson bus accident, you shouldn’t have to deal with the financial consequences of your injuries when someone else caused them. Medical treatment costs are expensive and can be obnoxiously high when someone suffers severe injuries. At the same time, injured people lose income from their job or businesses.
The skilled Henderson bus accident attorneys at Edward Bernstein and Associates can guide you through the legal process of recovering damages and help you fight for maximum compensation for your injuries. Contact us online or call (702) 728-4137 for your free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
“Amazing customer service, vigilant, and extremely knowledgeable! Bernstein & Associates care about their clients and they work towards the best outcome! They are always going above and beyond. I’m very happy with how my case was settled. I definitely recommend this Law Firm!” -Thalia C. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews!
1489 W Warm Springs Rd Suite 110
Henderson, NV 89014